Saturday, January 03, 2009

What I'm Listening to.

The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance


This popped onto my radar after seeing the lead singer at the Eisners this summer. I picked up The Umbrella Academy trade during the holidays and figured why not check out the album.

I really like it. For some reason, it kind of reminds me of Queen, but that's kind of misleading. I think that it has a sonic range that reminds me of some of the older bands like Queen or Rush, but you can definitely tell this is a post-alternative, speed metal influenced band.

( I've been listening to some '80s heavy metal and it's amazing to me how slow that stuff sounds. A co-worker claims Nirvana changed music forever. I would argue Metallica has.)

Anyway, I'm digging The Black Parade and it's in heavy rotation on the Walkman!

No comments: