Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Birthday!






This weekened was my birthday and while my family party is next weekend, I still had a lot of fun.






To start with, on Friday Michelle & I went to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. There is a travelling exhibit of Roman art from the Louve. My only problem with the museum is I've been fortunate to travel around some and been to some really good museaums and ours isn't quite there yet.






(However, if you ever visit Oklahoma City, I HIGHLY recommend you check out the Western Heritage Museum, one of the nicest collections of western art anywhere.)




Then we went down to the tunnels under downtown Okc. Now called The Underground, this was The Concourse when I was a kid during the '80s. There used to be a lot of shops, but the late '80s oil bust kinda caused them to fall into disuse.




I visted the concourse 2 years ago when I had jury duty downtown, but was fairly unimpressed, but I did see potential.




Not they have done some renovation and I think they may be trying to re-vitalize The Concourse.


Which would be cool because every city needs a series of underground tunnels under it, because where else would the trolls live?


Finally, on Saturday my ebay purchase of the Famous Artist Course books came in. I had flipped through a set of these a few years ago at SDCC, but they were $200-$300 and that might as well have been a million dollars.



I had totally forgotten how cool these are. I am planning on taking some time and working through them. I think I will learn a lot from them.
Finally, on Saturday night some guys came over for a game of RISK, the game of world conquest, but I think that gets it's own post!

No comments: