Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

We rang in the new year with a communion service at the church. There was a brief moment of terror when I thought there wasn't enough supplies (I was responsible for putting them out!) but we were okay.

This was a time of reflection about the past year. Overall 2006 was pretty good. I could list all the amazing things that I saw and did this year, but they might not seem as cool to you!

I would be tempted to obsess on the shortcomings, only looking at the things I didn't acomplish.

But the blame for any failures is only my fault, not from lack of trying, but from aiming too high.

See, I have this theory that if you are reaching all your goals, you aren't setting your goals high enough.

Conversly, if you are always falling just short, your goals are just high enough. Thus, you are always doomed to failure. This is a tall task and can be very demoralizing!

Like a wise man once said "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars"!

And may God bless you this new year!

No comments: