Friday, January 05, 2007

What I'm listening to...

Art of Concentration
Meditative Music Designed to Enhance Focus

I picked this up at Target. I've seen these kinda things for a while now and I've wondered if they do anything.

I think it's better then listening to some stuff while you're trying to draw. They claim there are hidden harmonics that add your focus and concentration.

I don't know if it helps you, but I don't think it hurts you.

I've tryed to find music that i can listen to while I draw; stuff that won't distract me, but will help mask distracting noises.

Some classical and jazz seem to work. I like some of the Brian Eno ambient stuff, epsecially 'On Land'. I've got a few of those 'ambient' CDs with rain and jungle noises, that sort of thing.

I would LOVE to find a CD with 'urban' sounds like they play in the NYC backlot at Universal Studios (e-mail me if you know of one!) You know trucks, buses, that sort of thing.

I found a guy online who had mp3s he had made of 'Arcade Noises'. That is very distracting, but very cool!

No comments: