Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thanks you for visiting my blog. No matter how you celebrate it, I hope the holiday season was happy and that 2012 will be a better year for all of us and that you have a prosperous year both presonally and professionally!


The Process:

Step 1: I wanted to experiment a little with drawing in the computer, so I drew a rough in Autodesk Sketchbook express. At this point my goal was just to be loose, I was literally 'making it upa as I went along.
Step 2: I took my sketch into Photoshop and added it to a layer and traced over it. I did this step in Photoshop because I am more comfortable with the layers and sizing the print in Photoshop since I am just lerning Sketchbook. Once I got something I felt I could work with, I turned it light blue and printed it out at 11x 14.
Step 3: I inked directly on the light blue print. This was the most enjoyable step, becasue all the 'work' had already been done and I just focused on line weights and texture.
 
Step 4: I scanned the inks into Photoshop, dropped the light blue, then added colors.

No comments: