Thursday, August 04, 2005

Artists in the Bible?

Last post I mentioned a verse in Exodus so I thought I would jet over to www.biblegateway.com and grab it.
_______________________________________________
Exodus 35:30-35 (New International Version)

Bezalel and Oholiab
30 Then Moses said to the Israelites, "See, the LORD has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, 31 and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- 32 to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, 33 to cut and set stones, to work in wood and to engage in all kinds of artistic craftsmanship. 34 And he has given both him and Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, the ability to teach others. 35 He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them master craftsmen and designers.
__________________________________________________________

When the Israelites were in the desert, God gave Moses the plans for the Temple. Then God filled these two guys with all this artistic ability and the ability to teach others.

I've never heard a sermon on this passage and I doubt I ever will. But as a artist and a Christian I think this passage is cool, because it shows me that God chosses people for tasks and can give them whatever they need to do it. As an artist I think it's cool because I belive God will give me whatever skills I need to fulfill His will for my life.

No comments: